Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Little About Me...

Hello everyone, my name is Dan and this is my blog for Design 200 Spring Quarter 2011.

Here are some tidbits about me that I wish to share:
  • I come from a suburban town of about 2000, situated about 15 minutes outside of the city of Cleveland. I've lived there my entire life, although my family has moved a few times around the neighborhood.
  • I am a freshman. I started off this year in Biomedical Engineering, but I soon learned that it is not something that I would enjoy, so I am basically just feeling out different classes and majors to find something that actually interests me.
  • I enjoy playing sports, specifically baseball and lacrosse. On my lacrosse team I played as a midfielder for two years and eventually graduated to the captian of the attack squad. I love the sport because it involves a lot of endurance, the speed of the game is quite fast, and there is plenty of contact.
  • I am an avid gym-go'er; I usually lift around 4-5 times a week. It is a great hobby and keeps me in shape.
  • I also like to produce beats on my computer in my spare time. Anything from club music to hip-hop I have produced with a program I purchased called FL Studio. I've been experimenting with the program for about two years now, and it still provides me with enjoyment.
  • I listen to all types of music except for a lot of country (although there are a few songs that I do enjoy).
As for the design course itself, I basically took it because it sounded interesting and seemed like something I would like. I consider myself pretty creative, and also consider myself quite good with computers, so I figured maybe this class could shed some light on what design actually is, and if it is something I could see myself doing in the future. Hopefully I can learn more about design and also get a chance to be somewhat creative in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment